A Step-by-Step Process to having your Solar System Installed
At Nickel Energy we endeavour to have strict control of the installation process from start to finish. From preliminary assessment through to installation, and support after installation we are with you through every step of the process.
- Technical Site Inspection completed by Solar Advisor and quotes provided to customer
- If customer proceeds signed contract, grid connect application & deposit returned to Nickel Energy
- Grid Connect application sent to Essential Energy – usually approved within 4-6 weeks
- Copy of contracts and receipt for deposit sent to customer
- Customer notified of approval by Essential Energy
- Installation scheduled with customer
- Installation completed, sign off and post installation paperwork completed with electrician
- Installation pack received by customer
- Post installation paperwork completed by Nickel Energy
1. Conduct research into the benefits of having a solar PV system installed. In particular, you should ensure that you understand what will happen to your meter, your electricity tariff and your electricity bill before you agree to have a PV system installed.
2. The accredited designer/installer designs a PV system to meet your requirements.
3. You, or the accredited designer/ installer, apply for any applicable rebates.
4. You, or your designer/installer, complete the connection and approval process for your electricity retailer and electricity distributor.
5. The CEC accredited Designer/Installer completes the installation of your solar PV system.
6. The designer/installer contacts your electricity retailer or electricity distributor to arrange for your new meter to be installed.
7. An appropriate qualified professional installs your new meter.
8. Your solar PV system is now ready to produce electricity.
To learn more about the installation process and see a list of questions to ask through out please review the Cleaner Energy Councils Solar PV Consumer Guide.